FACE it at school
Set a date in September. Invite students and teachers to make a gold coin or $5 donation. Grab attention by making your faces colourful.
FACE it at work
Bring your team and customers together, have fun, and maybe even get competitive. You'll make childhood dementia impossible to ignore.
FACE it with your family
Get colourful (let kids paint your face and they'll never forget it), share a photo and join people everywhere who are FACING it.
Thank you for joining the FACE it childhood dementia awareness campaign.
This September, organisations are raising awareness among their teams and their customers that too many children suffer with dementia without therapies or appropriate care and support. By raising urgent funding to drive change and raising awareness of childhood dementia you are making change happen.
Use the opportunity to have fun and to connect on something important with your teams and your customers.
Here’s how to FACE it:
- During the month of September paint your face.
This could be for a team Zoom meeting, a day at the office, or on the weekend with your families. Be bold, make it easy or just have fun.
- Share your photo.
This could be on social media (#childhooddementia #FACEit). Or it could be on your organisational intranet. Go old school and put your picture on the noticeboard at work. The 21st of September is Childhood Dementia Day. This would be the perfect day to raise awareness. You could even have a competition among your teams for the best painted face!
- Invite your colleagues, your customers and your networks to make a donation.
There are a few ways you can do this:
- Collected donations can be made online here or by direct deposit.
- If you’re putting your photo on Facebook, go ahead and use the Facebook donate button to encourage friends to donate to Childhood Dementia Initiative. #childhooddementia #FACEit
You can register your team to share your support of childhood dementia and join organisations and schools in making a bold statement on how you are FACING it!
Here are a few tools that can help you through your fundraising and raising awareness:
- An editable poster as a pdf or Word document.
- Images, banners and text you can use in emails, newsletters and/or social media
- Childhood dementia fact sheet
- Animated 3-minute introduction to childhood dementia
- Video: Angelina's experience with childhood dementia
Register your workplace here to show you're FACING it
To deposit collected donations:
Childhood Dementia Initiative
Images for newsletters, emails or social media
(Right click to download the images or banners you'd like to use)